Period of Performance:This contract is effective from the effective date of award through May 31, 2023, and any option periods to extend services, if exercised (at the Government's discretion).
- Five (5) days a week, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays.
- The shifts will be 7:00 a.m. ' 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. ' 4:00 p.m.
- Unrestricted state license
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA)
- Immunizations (to include COVID)
- statement that candidate does not have any physical or mental health conditions that would adversely affect his/her ability to carry out assigned duties
- Three current work-related references
- Information on malpractice claims, termination or suspension of privileges
Statement of Work:
The CRNA shall perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Pre-anesthetic evaluation
- Obtain an appropriate health history
- Conduct an appropriate physical exam
- Request pertinent diagnostic studies
- Select, obtain, order, and administer pre-anesthetics medications
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia, anesthesia induction, maintenance, and emergence.
- Document the informed consent, along with the pre-anesthetic evaluation, in the electronic record system.
- CRNA practices an independent CRNA/anesthesia provider. must be capable of working independently.
- Preoperative and Intra-operative Care
- Obtain, prepare, and use all equipment, monitors, supplies, and drugs used for the administration of anesthesia, performing and ordering safety checks as needed.
- Select, obtain, or administer the anesthetics (General, Regional, MAC), adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids and blood products necessary to manage the anesthetics.
- Performallaspects of airway management.
- Perform BLS/ACLS management
- Insert peripheral venous catheters
- Perform and manage Bier Blocks.
- Provide appropriate non-invasive monitoring modalities utilizing current standards and techniques.
- Evaluate patient response during emergence from anesthesia and institute pharmacological or supportive treatment to insure patient stability during transfer.
- Postoperative Care
- Provide post anesthesia follow up evaluation of the patient's response to anesthesia and surgical experience.
- Deliver a full report to the recovery room.
- Select and administer medication as necessary in the recovery room.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period.
- Initiate and administer pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system during the post-anesthetics
- Mortality and morbidity conferences as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Accept additional responsibilities which are within the expertise of the individual contract CRNA and are appropriate and relevant to the practice setting, as determined by the Medical Director, Specialty Service
- These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Furthermore, the contract CRNA schedule will be determined by the needs of the Anesthesia Service.
- Contract CRNAs will also actively participate in the QA process as mandated by the VA, Joint Commission, or any other regulatory agency.