Full Time Neonatology Job Pittsburgh, PA
5 months ago
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Magee-Women's Hospital is recruiting a Clinical Director of Neonatal Medicine. The Clinical Director will oversee the clinical management of patients in the 83-bed Level III NICU. The Neonatologist must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- 40% clinical vs 60% admin and teaching.
- Share in weekend and weeknight attending coverage
- Academic appointment
- Cerner EMR
- Research opportunities available but not required
- Join a department of 25 physicians with the support of Advanced Providers
- The Clinical Director will work directly with the UPMC Newborn Medicine Division Director, NICU staff leadership, and members of the hospital's administrative team to ensure that the care provided in the NICU is in compliance with the standards and regulations set forth by JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
- The Clinical Director will also work with members of the Division of Newborn Medicine as well as hospital staff to develop new care guidelines for the NICU patients and to monitor patient outcomes through a robust quality improvement program.
- As part of the leadership team for the Division of Newborn Medicine, the Clinical Director will participate in faculty recruitment and mentoring activities, will ensure that the NICU is appropriately staffed at all times, and will be actively engaged in the division's educational mission for all levels of trainees.
What we Offer
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance of $4,110 plus time
- 4-weeks PTO
- Excellent compensation and benefit package
About UPMC Magee Women's Hospital and UPMC
- The 83-bed, Level III NICU at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital provides care for ~ 1900 of the 10,000 infants delivered at the hospital each year.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors' offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report's list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.