Full Time Cardiothoracic Surgery Job GA
18 days ago
Join a busy Cardiothoracic Surgery practice in Augusta, Georgia. A Georgia-based Heart Cardiothoracic Surgery group is recruiting a Cardiothoracic Surgeon with a firm knowledge and skill set in diagnosing and treating cardiovascular disease.
- 581-bed acute care facility.
- The Cardiothoracic Surgeon will share a complement of an advanced practice provider as well as a team of nursing professionals.
- On-call assignment of 1:3.
- Currently, three cardiothoracic surgeons support the Cardiothoracic Surgery service line, with a complement of three Advanced Practice Providers.
Role and Responsibility
- Evaluation, diagnosis, treatment/surgery, and consultation for patients with congenital and acquired abnormalities of the heart and great vessels, lungs, mediastinum, and pleura; a variety of conditions of the chest wall; and traumatic injuries to the chest and cardiothoracic structures.
- Non-surgical care as well as pre-, intra-, and post-operative surgical care.
- Admitting privileges to the facility and support provisions of care for patients in critical care/intensive care settings in accordance with Piedmont Augusta policies and procedures.
- Assess, stabilize, and determine the disposition of patients with emergent conditions in accordance with medical staff policy.
- Management of chronic cardiovascular diseases includes ordering appropriate imaging or lab tests and recommending treatment plans, including surgical interventions, as indicated by the patient?s clinical needs.
- Coordination of care with hospitalists, primary care physicians, cardiology colleagues, and other specialty physicians regarding day-to-day operations and participates in meetings for risk and quality management as well as improving clinical quality, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
Leading Base compensation competitive with MGMA median. The Benefits Package includes insurance group plan options for medical/dental/vision/disability/life, and liability insurance for professional practice provided. Retirement planning: 403(b) retirement account, with additional matching by the employer; 457 retirement vehicle available for tax-deferred retirement planning. Allowances for CME, professional membership, publication
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
- Completion of Cardiothoracic Fellowship and MUST BE Board Certified in Thoracic Surgery
- Expertise needed in Cardiac CT and Cardiac MR (MRAs)
About Augusta, Georgia
- Augusta, Georgia is a beautiful mid-sized city with loads of southern charm.
- The cost of living is very attractive, and there is easy driving access to several of the South?s largest major metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, Savannah, GA, and Greenville, SC.
Contact: Steve Frank
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.