Anesthesia/Critical Care ' 2 positions
- SICU (14), MICU (12), CICU (12), CVICU (8), RCU (8) capping service at 25 ' 30 patients
- 12-hour shifts working 7O/7O
- Work with 6 APPs to provide 24-hour coverage
- Goal Model: closed coverage of 5 ICUs (55 beds), two day-time Intensivists and 10 ' 12 APPs providing 24-hour coverage
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for Dictation
- High acuity ICU with advanced Cardiac: Impella, IABP, ECMO, proning for ARDS, SLED, CRRT
- Strong program in noninvasive ventilation, utilization of latest ventilator models
- Collegial colleagues and dynamic work environment
- Employed by a financially sound health system
- Excellent Pay and Benefits package
- Front loaded PTO
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Deferred compensation plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
You will be employed by one of the largest not for profit acute care hospital systems in the country. You will have a strong stable employer that places a premium on our physicians' well being.
- Work as an integrated team of providers
- Provide procedural expertise in airway management, line placement and CV monitoring. Expertise in ECMO desired.
- Rendering critical care services on behalf of patients in the ICU treating all patients consistently with established standards of care.
- Provide leadership of daily ICU multi-disciplinary rounds and supervision of APPs during clinical shifts.
- Actively participating in quality management activities including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of responsive, efficient treatment protocols for commonly treated conditions and evidence-based guidelines for morbidity and mortality reviews.
- Actively participate in all medical and audit activities performed within the Hospital, including the Critical Care Program, including but not limited to, analysis of protocol outliers and inefficient outcomes.
- Board Eligible/Certified in Anesthesiology and Critical Care with successful completion of fellowship training in Critical Care Medicine.
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Contact Mr. Don Shumate
Phone[Click to See Phone]
Work environment:Clinic/Private Practice
Visa sponsorship provided:No