We're looking for an FTE LPN to join our team of healthcare professionals at Coos County Correctional Facility. 32036 hours per week, Thursda, Friday, and Saturday evenings 12-6 PM. Evening and weekend shift differentials are available.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the evaluation of the physical and mental health of incarcerated patients both in the medical department and in the housing units
- Collaborates with security, mental health, and other medical staff in all aspects of patient care
- Administers medications according to all medication administration rights and in accordance with Med Policies and Procedures and any specific practitioner directions. Medications may be given PO, IM, or IV (when certified) and patients will be monitored for adverse drug reactions.
- Completes diagnostic testing when ordered including EKGs and lab collection (blood and urine) when certified. Communicates results with the provider as appropriate
- Attends mandatory monthly staff meetings and annual trainings.
- Treats staff, security, and all patients with respect and professionalism.
- Keeps an accurate perpetual count of all sharps (including but not limited to needles, syringes, scissors, etc.) and all narcotics and controlled substances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed LPN/LVN program by an accredited college or university
- Current and unobstructed LPN/LVN licensure by the state of Washington
- 1 year of experience
- Correctional experience preferred but not required
- Must submit to a criminal background check and obtain/maintain security clearance
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen