Full Time Neurology Job Pittsburgh, PA
15 days ago
The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC is recruiting for the position of Chief of the Neurohospitalist Division to help lead our world class health system.? Candidates for this position should be exceptional individuals who are passionate about neurology inpatient care, with a vision to grow the footprint of the division to care for inpatients in a variety of hospital settings across the large UPMC network. Must have an MD or equivalent, board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. Prior experience demonstrating sound administrative capabilities in leading a clinical group is desired.
Opportunity Details for this Leadership Position
- Become part of our >100 clinical faculty with expertise in many neurology subspecialties.
- Lead a team of telemedicine, academic and community Neurohospitalists across the UPMC system.
- Innovate new care delivery models
- This position would be under the general direction of the Neurology Department Chair and Vice Chair of Clinical Operations
- Expected to lead all divisional clinical operations, scheduling, divisional QA activities, participating in departmental and medical staff committees, working with technical managers to resolve issues, and recruitment of faculty.
- Participate in the divisional and department budgetary planning, assist in the preparation of reports, maintain informative, up to date web site information for the division, and active participation in the annual performance evaluation process.
What we Offer
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation fee assistance
- Four (4) weeks of vacation with pay per year
- Two-four (2-4) additional paid weeks for CME activities per year
- H1B visa sponsorship if applicable
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
About The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh
- The University of Pittsburgh was ranked number 3 in medical research funding in 2022 and has been among the top 10 recipients of NIH research funding since 1998.
- The Department of Neurology is recipient of the highly selective NIH-funded R25 award for a Research Education Program for Residents and Fellows in Neurological Disorders and Stroke (and includes Neurosurgery and Neuropathology).
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC); the UPMC Stroke Institute; the Neurocritical Care program; the Division of Women's Neurology; the UPMC Headache Center; the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students and residents, and has clinical fellowships in Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women's Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors' offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
About the Community
- Renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city, internationally recognized culinary scene and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Immediate access to the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Famous sports culture
- Abundant parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.