Full Time Endocrinology Director Job State College, PA
4 months ago
LARGE PENNSYLVANIA MEDICAL CENTER LOOKING FOR ENDOCRINOLOGY LEADER!This hospital in central PA seeks to add an endocrinologist, a physician who can become theleader of the Division. The incoming physician will join 1.5 endocrinologists, 1 NP and 3 PAs. Diabetic patients are seen with 3 co-located Diabetes Educators. The catchment area of the practice is large, and patients with all usual and some unusual endocrine problems are seen. Standard endocrinology testing is available, including Insulin Tolerance Testing. Diabetes care focuses on population health. The vision is to have a unified approach to diabetes care across the primary care ' endocrinology ' hospitalist ' diabetes education continuum. Some of the goals of the program are:
- Guideline based processes for transition from outpatient to elective inpatient care, typically surgery.
- Clearly defined processes for transition from inpatient to outpatient care, assuring 24/7 support for patients newly diagnosed with diabetes, newly taking insulin, etc..
- Guideline based and seamless transitions or co-management between primary care and specialty care.
- Group and individual diabetes education at all primary care sites and in the community.
- Motivational Interviewing training for practitioners.
The Endocrinology Division is physically co-located with the Weight Management Division and many of the activities and programs are intertwined.
Inpatient responsibilities for the endocrinologists are limited but may increase as our health system grows. Currently, all potential inpatient consults are screened by phone (1-2 per week) and the vast majority of issues are addressed by providing advice on the phone with outpatient follow up. Hands on inpatient diabetes care is provided by a team of pharmacists as requested by consultation from Hospitalists. The Division of Endocrinology provides oversight for this program. The medical center participates in the Society for Hospital Medicine Glycemic Control Collaboration and have been top performers.
'On call' telephone advice to patients calling for help is typically less than 10 per week.
Gestational diabetes care is another major focus, with guidelines in use here often ahead of national guidelines. In addition, the Diabetes Foot Clinic is one of the premier Diabetes Foot Clinics in the country, with a strong record of original research as well as patient care. The Division of Endocrinology collaborates closely with this program.
- Applicants must be Endocrinology BE/BC.
- Several years' experience in the practice of endocrinology is preferred.
- We offer a competitive compensation package, M-F work schedule, and providers determine how they would like to schedule. Within the Division decisions are made collaboratively, within the broad mission and philosophy of the practice.
This area of central PA offers many of the attractions of big city life at a more comfortable'and more affordable'pace. The community is warm and welcoming, both inside the Medical Center and out in the lovely neighborhoods, friendly faces and enjoyable activities, the amenities are impressive. Of course, with Penn State University's main campus here, you can also enjoy Big Ten football and basketball, as well as national touring musical and theater groups at the Bryce Jordan Center. Add in excellent public schools, historic architecture and a lively community of artists, and you have one terrific place to live and raise a family. In fact, this town has recently been namedthe 8th best city in theUnited Statesto move to as well as the 6th best city in the U.S. to raise a family.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.