Full Time Urgent Care Job Elgin, IL
2 months ago
Premise Health is seeking an Urgent Care Medical Director to provide patient care and clinical leadership with our direct care clinic in Elgin, IL
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Provides a spectrum of high-quality, person-focused, and often comprehensive health care services that may include episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Oversees the site(s) clinical practices and procedures.
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Drives outcomes for site across clinical programs Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- May meet with prospective physician and provider candidates to support assessment of clinical quality and cultural fit.May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- Partners with DCO and operations team members to drive member engagement and increased utilization.
- Demonstrates clinical subject matter expertise appropriate to the services rendered at the health center.
- May serve as collaborative physician for advanced practice providers.
- Other duties as assigned to support the safe and effective operation and function of the heath center(s), business, and to ensure that services meet standards of high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Licensed to practice medicine in each state of practice/oversite
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice/oversite)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state
- Current board certificate (ABMS, AMA or AOA) or board eligibility must sit for boards with 1 year of hire
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include 'hands on' evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- 3 ' 5 years minimum in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry may be preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Knowledge and experience with electronic medical records strongly preferred.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.