Full Time Cardiology Interventional Job Harlingen, TX
3 months ago
At Tenet Healthcare, the heart of what we do centers on caring with compassion. We are a community built on care. As a leading national healthcare system, our impact spreads far and deep with 60 hospitals and approximately 460 outpatient centers and additional sites of care in 9 different states.
We are actively recruiting for an Interventional Cardiologist for Harlingen, TX. Come and enjoy the year-round semi-tropical temperatures while making a big impact on the community!
- Full-time, employed opportunity based out of Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen, TX
- Practice is located in the Medical Arts Pavilion connected to Valley Baptist Medical Center - a short walk to the Hospital's Cath Lab
- Clinic operates Monday - Friday
- Average of 25 patients in clinic per day and average of 10-15 surgeries per week initially
- On call schedule determined by group in coordination with Hospital. Cardiology on-call panel includes 10 other providers; thus call schedule for this position would be approximately 3 days/month.
- 4 Cath Lab Suites (Cardiac, EP & Neuro capabilities)
- Valley Baptist Medical Center has a robust Clinical Research Department available for proposed research at the hospital.
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is located in the area and is open to community providers participating in teaching opportunities in the academic setting.
- MD or DO
- BE/BE in Interventional Cardiology
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for an unrestricted medial license in the State of Texas
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus; however not required
Some of the Benefits of Joining TPR (Tenet Physician Resources):
- Guaranteed salary with production bonus
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, life, disability, 401k with match, salary deferment program, etc.
- Billing, coding, collections done in-house
- Top executive & administrative support, IT, HR and legal
- Physician time off (vacation and CME with stipend)
- Malpractice insurance
About Valley Baptist Health System:
Valley Baptist Health System, is a part of Tenet Health System, a national healthcare organization with 465 ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, 61 hospitals and approximately 110 additional outpatient centers and other sites of care.
Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen, Texas:
- Trauma Level II (ACS Verified)
- DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center
- EMR - Cerner
- 586 licensed beds (380 operational)
About Harlingen and the Rio Grande Valley:
The Rio Grande Valley, one of the fastest growing areas in TEXAS, is a scenic cultural place where palm trees and citrus thrive. Famous for bird watching migration and known as Texas' Tropical Playground, we are located a short 40 minutes from South Padre Island.
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax / tort reform
- Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Great schools / affordable housing
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating
The Rio Grande Valley (The Valley), located in the southernmost tip of Texas, in close proximity to the best Texas beaches. Known as the Texas Tropical Playground, where palm trees and citrus orchards thrive and famous for bird watching migration. It is home to 1.5 million residents who enjoy year-round sunny mild weather. This four-county paradise is one of the fastest growing regions in the United States with sprawling residential neighborhood communities and golf courses. The robust economy and vast tourism support a vast array of restaurants and shopping establishments. Three major international airports keep this region well-connected to most major cities. The economy is fueled with Gulf Port international business, their legendarily rich agricultural land, multinational manufacturing with twin-plant operations in Mexico. The Port of Brownsville is the home of Elon Musks Space X South Texas Launch Site. The population swells in the winter months with an elderly population known as Winter Texans. Winter residents migrate from the Northern US and Canada, attracted to the warm winters and low cost of living; many establish permanent residency. The community members in this family-centric culture have a long-standing history for embracing newcomers.
Most first-time visiting physicians are surprised with the Valleys extensively comprehensive medical community, offering cutting edge medicine with state-of-the-art equipment and clinical support. This concentrated four-county market has 11 hospitals and a medical school. The service area is vast and crosses international lines throughout Latin America.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.