Full Time Medical Director Job El Paso, TX
6 days ago
Advance your career as a Facility Medical Director (FMD) in El Paso, Texas!
We are seeking candidates that are board certified or board eligible in pediatric emergency medicine or emergency medicine with a minimum of 1 year of leadership experience. Outstanding leadership skills, the ability to manage difficult situations, and work in a team environment are a must. A qualified individual will have excellent oral and written skills, advanced problem-solving skills, and outstanding presentation skills.
The FMD is responsible for results-oriented, strategic leadership to ensure the clinical performance of the facility. The FMD provides daily oversight of the clinicians, ensures that client hospital expectations are met,
- 25,000 annual visits per year
- Physicians average 1.8 patients per hour
- 12-hour shifts with full-time being an average of 80 clinical hours and an average of 40 administrative hours per month
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- 122 hospital beds with 13 emergency department beds
- 24 PICU beds with a 3-bed fast track
- Emergency medicine residents rotate through the emergency department
W2 employee contract with an excellent benefits package. Enjoy great compensation and a monthly director stipend as well as a signing bonus of up to $40,000. In this role, you will work on a team led by a regional medical director with over 23 years of tenure.
About El Paso, Texas
- 2.5 hours from snow skiing and 2.5 hours from boating lake life
- Excellent schools with a low cost of living in a family-oriented community
El Paso lies in far west Texas and is the 19th most populous city in the U.S. with a population of almost 650,000. Standing on the Rio Grande, El Paso is across the U.S./Mexico border from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, so the city is loaded with history and historic places. The Franklin Mountains extend into El Paso from the north and nearly divide the city into two sections: the west side forming the beginnings of the Mesilla Valley and the east side expanding into the desert and lower valley. At an elevation of 3,800 feet above sea level, the highest peak in the city is North Franklin Mountain at 7,192 feet above sea level. El Paso is also home to the 24,000-acre Franklin Mountains State Park, the largest urban park in the United States. El Paso is a thriving metropolitan city and is home to the University of Texas at El Paso, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Fort Bliss, one of the largest military complexes in the United States, and neighbors Alamogordo, New Mexico, home to Holloman Air Force Base.
Contact: Elizabeth Salozzo
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.