Full Time Family Practice Job Durango, CO
2 years ago
Primary Care opportunity in Colorado- 4 day week/$60k in bonuses
The Primary Care Physician diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and delivers preventive and therapeutic treatment of primary care needs, including chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examination testing and non-invasive treatment. This includes strong communication with fellow team members to ensure the expectations of Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) metrics are met.
This position is four (4) days/week, eight (8) hour days (0.8 FTE). $125/HR with full benefits
$50,000 sign on bonus and $10,000 relocation expenses
Valor is searching for the right Full-Time Primary Care Physician to join the VA Team based at theDurango, CO VA Outpatient Clinic.This is a great opportunity to enjoy a excellent quality of life while giving back to our country's veterans.
Physician Core Responsibilities
- Actively diagnoses and treats our veterans.
- Examines patients for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders, determines nature and extent of injury/disorder, and performs comprehensive physical examinations.
- Develops and implements patient management plans and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Counsel patients on the use of prescription medications, educates patients, assesses mental health issues, and provides routine health maintenance.
- Evaluates patients' records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders 'due' at the time of each patient visit.
- Completes the documentation of the medical record within 24 hours of a patient encounter.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance, when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
Perks of Working for Valor:
- Work-life balance (Monday-Friday Schedule), 12-15 patients per day)
- Comprehensive, robust benefits package
- We cover 100% of malpractice!
- At least 10 paid Federal Holidays
- CME Allowance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- and more!
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Possess a current unrestricted Colorado state license as a physician.
- At least 2 years of recent primary care experience in an outpatient setting.
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Must hold a current and valid BLS certification
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.