HEADLINE: Philadelphia (desirable suburb), PA: Board Certified Chairman of Pathology is needed for a top-notch community hospital. Leadership experience is preferred but is not a requirement. Supervise hospitals medium-size staff of pathologists. Hospital based opportunity. $ Very competitive financial compensation package. Excellent fringe benefits package. Very good earning potential!
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
- This hospital is located in a desirable suburb of Philadelphia.
- The schools are excellent with many private and public choices.
- The area has a strong economy, a low cost of living, and an excellent payer mix.
- Residents really have the best of all worlds, with all the safety and slower pace of the suburbs but with the big city and all it has to offer just minutes away.
- You will be able to enjoy and take full advantage of living very close to a big city such as Philadelphia, which will offer you numerous educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities and amenities!
- You will also be situated just a 90 minute drive to New York City, 90 minutes to historical Lancaster county, and less than one hour to the beautiful New Jersey or Delaware beaches.
- Located in a desirable suburb of Philadelphia, a Board Certified Pathologist is needed to be the Chairman of Pathology at a top-notch community hospital.
- This is a hospital-based opportunity.
Qualifications of the Desired/Ideal candidate:
- Board Certified Pathologist who has already had prior work experience in a leadership/supervisory position i.e., Chairman, Chief, Director, etc. (However, this is preferred but is not a firm requirement.)
- If the candidate has never been a Chairman, Chief or Director but already has work experience with some leadership/supervisory skills, this physician may be seriously considered and is also welcome to apply.
Clinical and Administrative Duties/Responsibilities:
- The new Chairman of Pathology would be required to supervise the hospital's medium-size staff of pathologists.
- She or he will also be required to perform as well as supervise the following procedures:
- Perform biopsies
- Test medical specimens in the laboratory
- Prepare written pathology reports to inform treatment plans
- Study blood samples for transfusion use including the blood type, the blood group, cell morphology and compatibility with other blood types
- Use medical equipment and computer systems to perform lab tests
- Operate lab equipment such as cell counters and microscopes
- Log data from lab tests and enter the results in the patients records
- Discuss the results of the lab tests with other doctors
- The hospital that they admit to is full-service and well-regarded general, medical, and surgical community hospital.
- It is one of the area's leading providers of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient community-based diagnostics, home health services and rehabilitation programs for all ages.
- It is well known for excellence in cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, diagnostics and rehabilitation services.
- It offers a full range of acute, ambulatory and emergency services.
- Their emergency services department is equipped to handle all types of emergencies from pediatric to geriatric care.
- They have a free standing surgery center, four ambulatory sites, and two additional ambulatory sites under construction.
- This hospital is offering a very competitive compensation package, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Very competitive base salary, which will be commensurate with the candidates experience, etc.
- Productivity incentive that will have a positive impact on the Pathologists earnings
- Occurrence Malpractice Insurance
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid vacation and more!
- The earning potential is very good!
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
212-545-7660 (Day and evening)