Permanent Neurology Job Kissimmee, FL
alarm 6 months ago
Posted by HCA HealthCare
Employer HCA Healthcare
Neurology Residency Adding an Academic Vascular Neurologist in Orlando
Osceola Regional Medical Center in partnership with University of Central Florida is searching for a Board Certified (BC) Vascular Neurologist to work with the program, residents and stroke team.
As a Comprehensive Stroke Center/Neuroscience Center, we are able to provide a full range of services for the prevention, detection, treatment, and rehabilitation of stroke and other neurological disorders. We have dedicated units and beds for our stroke and neuro patients. We also provide a full continuum of stroke care with specialty trained neurology nurses, nurse practitioners, therapists, pharmacists, case managers, along with 24/7 Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Interventional Neuroradiology coverage for our stroke patients.
'The Vascular Neurologist will work inpatient with the comprehensive stroke team along with achieving continuity of care by following patients after discharge in the outpatient clinic. We are looking for an academic vascular neurologist to provide supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. This neurologist will also serve as faculty or Associate Program Director of the Neurology Residency Program (depending on level of teaching/faculty experience and professorship) with at least 70% of time assigned to Direct Patient Care and 30% to Graduate Medical Education (80% direct patient care and 20% GME for core faculty) including Program Administrative /Supervision/Didactic responsibilities. Osceola Regional Medical Center & University of Central Florida COM have successfully built residencies/fellowships in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Emergency Medicine, OBGYN, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Neurology.
'Duties and Responsibilities:''''
1. Work independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provide clinical consultation and supervision to residents and other staff in the neurology residency program clinics.
2. Have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care (70%) and graduate medical education including administrative duties (30%).
3. Work with the Comprehensive Stroke team.''''
'4. Assist the Director of the Neurology in the design, development, and implementation of the neurology program. '''''
'5. Hear and resolve complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his / her direct report providers. '''''
'6. Be directly involved in the training and supervision of Neurology Residents and Medical Students rotating through the Neurology Residency Program clinics and inpatient rotations.''''
'1. Completion of ACGME-approved Neurology Residency.''
2. Possess the requisite Neurology expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities in the field of Neurology.
3. Must be certified in the specialty of Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology along with vascular neurology or like subspecialties.
4. Must be eligible for appointment to the Medical Staff of Osceola Regional Medical Center and must have an unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the State of Florida.
5. Expected to hold a clinical faculty appointment with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine at the Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor rank. Preference to those with previous faculty experience in an ACGME residency and experience publishing papers or other scholarly activities.
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County. The hospital features all private patient rooms and is recognized for its compassionate care, cutting edge technology, modern facilities and dedicated medical staff.
Certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention by the Society of Chest Pain Centers are only a few of the recognitions and accomplishments Osceola Regional Medical Center has achieved. In addition, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level 2 for premature and ill newborns is the only NICU offered to the little ones in Osceola County.
Osceola Regional Medical Center's top program of innovation and expertise revolves around our Central Florida Cardiac and Vascular Institute, the premier open heart and vascular surgery program in Central Florida. In addition, Osceola Regional Medical Center is home to numerous GME residency/fellowship programs, in partnership with University of Central Florida, to be a leader in training the physicians of tomorrow to strengthen Osceola's medical community.
Providing the highest quality of care and commitment to our patients is proven by the wide variety of accessible services, highly trained healthcare professionals, well respected and skilled medical staff with the most advanced technology available today ' all within one medical facility. Osceola Regional Medical Center is the preferred hospital in the community.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.