Full Time Psychiatry Job Oswego, NY
Board certified Psychiatrist opening who will be responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of care to Inpatient and Outpatient Psychiatric care patients including overseeing quality of care, serving as the principal clinical liaison with the members of the delivery system, serving as principle advisor on psychiatric affairs, provide psychiatric care in accordance with the prevailing accepted medical standards and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the American Hospital Association, and the joint commission on Health Care Organizations, pertinent laws of the Health Care of the State of New York, and to comply with all policies, bylaws, rules, regulations, and manuals of the Medical Staff of the Hospital. Compliance with attendance requirements for medical staff meetings and timely preparation and maintenance of medical records as per policy and procedure. Rendering of quality efficient psychiatric service, compliance with managed care contract requirements providing patient, employee, and community education. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Medical Director of Adult Behavioral Services or designated administrative staff.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care in accordance with the prevailing accepted medical standards and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the American Hospital Association, and the Joint Commission on Health Care Organizations, pertinent laws of the Health Care of the State of New York, and to comply with all policies, bylaws, rules, regulations and manual of the Medical Staff of the hospital.
- Opportunity to provide Emergency Room consults
- Compliance with attendance requirements for medical staff meetings and timely preparation and maintenance of medical records per policy and procedure.
- Rendering of quality, efficient psychiatric service, and compliance with managed care contract requirements providing patient, employee, and community education.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to the extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribe, direct and administer psychotherapeutic treatments related to mental, emotional or behavioral disorders.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Duties shall be carried out displaying positive interpersonal relations with patients, families, hospital and medical staff, administration and Board Members.
- Collaborates with other team members in delivery of quality patient care including treatment plans and progress.
- Assists in development of psychiatric policies and procedures and ensure compliance of them.
- May provide consultation to Oswego Hospital and Seneca Hill Manor as assigned.
- Provides written orders for Behavioral Services Treatment Team.
- Participates in equitable on-call rotation as assigned.
- Ability to coordinate multiple demands on time, flexible hours.
- Licensed by State Board of Medical Examiners to practice medicine in the State of New York. Obtains and maintains board certification in specialty practice. Experience working with adult and adolescent population desired. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to interface effectively with employees, patients, and community.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oswego Health offers a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package along with a dedicated commitment to maintaining work/life balance for our providers. Listed below are just a few highlights of the position?s compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, life and disability
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Student loan repayment (if applicable)
- Malpractice paid
- Brand new, 32 bed, $17 million behavioral health services facility to be complete in 2020!!
This facility is the sole community hospital provider in Oswego County and provides the region with healthcare services from birth to maturity. Dedicated medical staff of more than 150 physicians, representing over 35 specialties. The hospital serves as a catchment area for over 89,000 residents and includes a state of the art ER, ICU with 8 private rooms, Maternity Center with private labor delivery rooms and soaking tubs, 7 Suite Surgery Center, Full Service Laboratory, Medical Imaging (offering CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry, Fluoroscopy, X-ray, Digital Mammography, and Nuclear Medicine), Cardio-Pulmonary Testing, Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, Hospice Program & more.
Oswego, New York Background: Located in New York State?s ?Central? region, Oswego offers small city living with close proximity to many large metropolitan areas. Oswego's location on Lake Ontario and its four distinct seasons offer endless opportunities for boating, sailing and other water sports as well as many cultural events, festivals and family activities throughout the year. Oswego County elementary and high schools offer advanced learning curriculum standards and prepare students to excel as they pursue higher education opportunities. In addition to great primary schools, Oswego County is home to SUNY Oswego and Cayuga Community College, the former of which was recently named by USA Today as one of the nation?s ?Best College Values? and by the Princeton Review as a ?Top College in the Northeast.?
Contact: Neal Fenster
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.