Full Time Oncology Job Portland, OR
The Providence Cancer Institute is seeking a board-certified Medical Oncology physician with demonstrated specialization in genitourinary cancers to join a growing clinic and translational research program on the Providence Portland Medical Center campus. Join a dedicated and collaborative team at The Franz Clinic, a multi-specialty clinic with oncology, infusion and specialist care all in one place, where you and your patients will have access to clinical trials and groundbreaking research in immunotherapy at the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute. Enjoy outstanding quality of life in Oregons Rose City, Portland.
- Full-time position; competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits
- Demonstrated commitment to research of genitourinary cancers required
- Access to state of the art molecular pathology and deep sequencing capabilities, as well as comprehensive medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology and palliative care and integrative medicine services
- Collaboration with research in team in support of clinical research programs, basic and translational immunology, and immune-genomic laboratories
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the growth of a GU-focused clinical translational research effort with potential to lead the GU Program
- Duties will include conducting investigator-initiated clinical trials, working with basic scientists to translate research ideas to the clinic and strong clinical skills
- Basic laboratory interests welcome, but not required
- Dual appointment with the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute and Providence Cancer Institute
Where Youll Work
Providence Cancer Institute is unmatched on the West Coast in terms of the breadth of services and technologies available under one roof. Multidisciplinary teams work together to give patients and their families the best care possible. Providers partner with patients from diagnosis and treatment through all stages of life to seek the best outcomes through research and innovation. Beyond sophisticated technology and treatments, this comprehensive cancer center offers warm and welcoming care for every patient.
Where Youll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, Rip City is ranked No. 8 in the Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report, based on its high quality of life and thriving job market. A foodie mecca, Portland is ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.
Who Youll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 11070
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.