Full Time Medical Tech Job Leesburg, FL
22 days ago
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) performs routine medical and testing procedures under direct supervision of the treating clinician as well as supports in other areas of the facility as needed including registration and referral management. This role requires efficient and accurate delivery of one-on-one patient care while thriving in a fast-paced environment ensuring every patient is treated with quality clinical care and is provided a welcoming and respectful experience.
- Perform Department of Transportation (DOT) and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and any required or requested ancillary testing including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, pulmonary function tests, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing
- Perform rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
- Assist providers during examination and treatment
- Determine nature and extent of illness or injury to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of patient, and knowledge of emergency medical practice
- Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician as well as triaging emergent patients as needed
- Prepare and assist clinician with procedure set up and injury care
- Dispense medications and DME as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with state regulations
- Administer prescribed first-aid treatment potentially performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen or intravenous injections, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation
- At the direction of the Center Medical Director, communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility
- Complete quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center
- Maintain supplies, clean rooms and equipment, and stock exam rooms
- Complete any applicable training including but not limited to clinical competency training that occurs monthly
- Maintain and operate all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping
- Notify supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected
- In partnership with center leadership, assist with patient flow and volume
- Keep patients informed of expected wait times during all aspects of the center visit
- Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, answering multi-line telephone system, distributing employer results/paperwork, etc.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attend center staff meetings or huddles as required
- Assist in maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly appearance throughout the facility
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Certification, and Hair and Oral Fluids Collection certifications
- at least 1 year
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information needed to treat injuries
- Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers and customers
- Demonstrated ability use judgement and perform critical thinking
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and entry of data into various systems/applications
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.