Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner ' Cardiac Surgery Endovascular Vein Harvest
Full-Time, 10 hour shifts
Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner provides health care services to patients who may have acute episodic conditions or chronic problems, as well as those seeking health evaluation, preventive care and/or education and counseling.
They perform complete physical examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and examinations. Assume on-going responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
Diagnose and treat both chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise normal processes.
Establish and document the health care plan and diagnosis, maintain records of each case that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to customers, contracted providers and vendors.
Functions in an expanded role to regularly provide primary, acute or emergency care to patients with complicated medical or surgical conditions which requires an intensive level of care and advanced certification in a specialty area (e.g., neonatal, intensive care, emergency medicine, operating room, etc.).
A formal internship and/or equivalent on-the-job training in the specialty area are also required.
- Three years of Endoscopic Vein Harvesting experience required within the last three years
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program OR graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California Physician Assistant License or current California Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Current California RN License (NP only).
- Current American Heart Association BLS.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Previous Cardiac Surgery experience including endovascular vein harvestas a NP or PA preferred.
Competitive compensation - $86.989 - $98.55/hr. Comprehensive benefits package.