A New York City health services organization is currently seeking a new licensed Lab Technologist to join their Weekend shift staff as a Lab Supervisor. In this role, the Lab Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the Hematology, Blood Bank, and Chemistry Departments.
- Patient testing, quality control, and validations
- Overseeing the inventory of reagents and supplies for chemistry
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Performing other duties, as needed
- 6+ years of Clinical Laboratory experience with a Bachelor's Degree; or 4+ years of Clinical Laboratory experience with a Master's Degree; or, 2+ years of Clinical Laboratory experience with a Ph.D.
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department
- Solid analytical and documentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Previous experience as a Lead Tech and/or in a Supervisory role