Search For Jobs!
- start typing...
- No Results Found
- start typing...
- No Results Found
- Newest First
- Posted in the last week
- Recently updated
- 5 miles away
- 10 miles away
- 25 miles away
- 50 miles away
- 100 miles away
Full Time Pathology Job Chicago, IL
Cook County Health is seeking a Chair of the Department of Pathology to join an exceptional team serving patients from across the greater Chicago area. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for assuring quality patient care services defined by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) in collaboration with the Director of Laboratory Services or designee for both clinical and anatomic pathology. The Chair, in administering general and subspecialty care, must have a thorough working knowledge of the specialty, and must be the primary information resource for the hospital ensuring appropriate application of new technology while remaining conscious of and sensitive to financial consideration. As such, responsibilities include review applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, document recommend and effectuate discipline at all levels, direct and effectuate Cook County Health management policies and practices, contribute to the management of staff and systemic development and success, and much more. Join Cook County Health and become a key member of a high performing Pathology group thats changing lives throughout Chicago.
- Competitive salary and benefit packages starting at $432,652
- Administrative role with large assortment of collective bargaining, discipline, supervision and management duties
- MD or DO degree from accredited college/university is required
- Illinois physician and surgeon license or eligibility to obtain license 2 weeks prior to hire date is required
- Board certification in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology required
- 5 years' work experience after residency in a Pathology Department is required
- 5 years of experience in medical administration is required
- 3 years of managerial experience is required
- 3 years of experience in education and program development is required
- Experience as a Director, Division Chair, or Chair of Pathology Department is preferred
Where Youll Work
As the flagship facility for Cook County Health, the John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital is an award-winning 450-bed teaching hospital located in the heart of Chicago. The hospital offers a comprehensive range of specialty and sub-specialty care services and is home to one of the busiest and most advanced Level 1 trauma centers in the nation. Its commitment to providing state-of-the-art and high-quality care has made this hospital one of the best in the country.
Where Youll Live
The third largest city in the country, Chicago has a vibrant energy and a rich cultural tapestry. Its iconic skyline, diverse and renown culinary options, deep-rooted blues and jazz scene and world-class museums such as the Art Institute of Chicago, are just a few of the things that make this city so iconic. With thriving industries and a strong sense of community, Chicago stands as a dynamic and inviting urban haven.
Who Youll Work For
For more than 180 years, Cook County Health has provided high-quality care to patients across the greater Chicago area. Today, Cook County Health serves more than 600,000 individuals through a broad network of award-winning facilities consisting of two hospitals and dozens of health centers. By innovating care and modernizing its facilities, Cook County Health not only offers patients access to state-of-the-art care services, but access to some of the best healthcare professionals in the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 24645
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.