Full Time Anesthesia Job Williamsport, PA
12 days ago
UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) Williamsport is recruiting an Operating Room (OR) Clinical Director who is committed to excellence in clinical care. The candidate must be board-certified in anesthesiology with the ability to obtain a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and have proven administrative ability in testing and managing surgical services.
- Coordinate surgical and procedural services and manage the daily OR schedule for UPMC Williamsport hospital.
- Serve as a clinical liaison on the hospital's Surgical Services Oversight Committee (SSOC).
- Assure optimal patient care through effective and efficient utilization of OR resources.
- Manage daily OR schedule to maximize utilization and access.
- Coordinate available resources for perioperative staging, the post-anesthesia care unit, and transport.
- Serve on the UPMC Williamsport medical staff and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty.
- Join a diverse anesthesiology group who manage a broad variety of cases, including all major adult subspecialty care.
What We Offer
- Exceptional career growth opportunities and stability as part of a financially strong and thriving world-class healthcare system.
- Competitive salary plus supplemental incentive by completing annual SSOC goals.
- Opportunities for significant additional earnings.
- Health, life, and disability insurance.
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance.
- Defined contribution plan; 403b plan with employer match.
- Relocation expense reimbursement.
- CME allowance.
- Generous PTO with options to increase.
About UPMC Williamsport and UPM
- UPMC Williamsport is a Level 2 trauma center with 224 licensed beds and is part of UPMC North Central PA network, which includes five hospitals and various medical office locations.
- The network has more than 600 experienced physicians, surgeons, mid-level providers, and caregivers that strive to provide clinically excellent health care through a wide range of services.
- Caring for a 12-county region, UPMC Williamsport offers complete inpatient, outpatient, and surgical care and provides services including a Heart and Vascular Institute, a Cancer Center, a Neuroscience Center, an intensive care unit (the first ICU in central Pennsylvania), 24-hour emergency care, and same-day surgery.
- The UPMC health system, affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians.
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals.
- Over 800 doctors' offices and outpatient sites.
- Innovation in developing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care.
- Many renowned centers of excellence in transplantation, cancer, neurosurgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, geriatrics, and women's health, as well as top-ranked hospitals and service lines.
About the Community
- Williamsport provides a cost of living that's notably more affordable than many major metropolitan areas. Housing options include charming historic homes, modern developments, and rural properties, accommodating a wide range of budgets and lifestyles. Enjoy life in a family friendly, safe, and thriving community that offers the appealing attributes of more metro living with the charm, ease, and atmosphere of a small town.
- Strong school options.
- Vibrant cultural scene, excellent restaurants with diverse cuisines, a regional airport, and two colleges.
- Local community hosts many community events, farmer's markets, and local festivals, creating opportunities for residents to unite and form lasting connections.
- Home to the Community Arts Center, hosting world-class performances and exhibitions.
- Surrounded by more than 300,000 acres, it is an outdoor paradise offering renowned fishing as well as a wide variety of recreational activities including hiking, biking, boating, and skiing throughout the region.
- The annual Little League World Series is hosted in Williamsport and draws thousands of visitors from around the globe, adding to the city's vibrant cultural scene.
- Within a three-hour drive to urban life in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, and Baltimore.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.