Locum Tenens Family Practice Job NZ
Job DescriptionGlobal Medical Staffing - An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a geriatrician and join a passionate and multidisciplinary team for older persons and a rehabilitation team in a public sector general hospital.
The excellent team is based in a purpose built 24-bed ward that provides care for older patients and those requiring rehabilitation or who have suffered a stroke.
The team consists of one other specialist, a geriatric nurse specialist, a registrar and house officer as well an interdisciplinary team of allied health professionals and nurses.
The team provides outpatient and community assessments and works closely with surgical and anesthetic colleagues to provide a perioperative frailty service.
There is a specialist Parkinson's Disease interdisciplinary clinic and also a memory clinic.
There are established close links with physician colleagues, older person mental health services, NASC, and community based colleagues.
In response to a local aging population, the development of an acute in patient geriatric service that would be well placed to provide advice to orthopedic and surgical teams is expected.
The hospital is responsible for the teaching and supervision of 4th and 6th year medical students and medical registrars in training: you will be expected to help support this learning.
The hospital is located in the center of the North Island of New Zealand and surrounded by many lakes and an abundance of native forest: this provides for excellent water based sports and fantastic hiking, walking and mountain bike activities. This position offers you the opportunity to balance a rewarding medical practice with an amazing lifestyle.
* provide safe and efficient geriatric care, including stroke and rehabilitation to patients * outpatient sessions, community visits and inpatient ward rounds * ensure professional clinical leadership and supervision to junior medical staff * maintenance of effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, staff and patients, with the objective of improving hospital services and handling sensitively any problems which may arise in this respect * active participation in peer review, clinical audits quality improvement programs and clinical governance * provision of local specialist services in designated subspecialty interest area
Call us today for more information!
- Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
- Work-life balance
- North Island, NZ
- Malpractice covered
- Will consider 6 to 12 month assignment
- Purpose, vision, values
- Supportive and talented colleagues
- Access to skiing, hiking, and fishing
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member of NALTO
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.