A large four-state integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient centers, and hospitals have a need for a family medicine physician with a sports medicine fellowship to join its family medicine residency program in Wilmington, NC.
- Join ACGME accredited 6-6-6 community program with Osteopathic Recognition affiliated with the Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- The candidate would have the opportunity to develop a new program in sports medicine for family medicine and partner with a local military base to develop a sports medicine fellowship.
- Qualified applicants should hold an MD/DO degree and board certification in Family Medicine.Previous residency teaching and/or private practice experience is preferred but not required.
- Duties include teaching residents and students, patient care including hospital care (low-risk obstetrics optional), administration, and research.
- The program provides care for a wide variety of historically vulnerable, marginalized, and underserved populations, including those with opioid use disorder, HIV, as well as a growing LGBTQ+ population.
- Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.Academic promotions are determined through the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Family Medicine
About Wilmington, North Carolina
Wilmington is a port city of 122K in North Carolina. It?s known as a gateway to Cape Fear Coast beaches like Wrightsville, with its strong surf, and Carolina, with its long boardwalk. Part of downtown?s Historic District, the Riverwalk is lined with restaurants, galleries, and shops. It runs along the Cape Fear River, where the Battleship North Carolina is moored. Artifacts on the ship explore WWII naval combat history.
Contact: Greg Basse