Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care ' in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states andGuam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for aFull Time Medical Directorto join our team inSan Antonio, TX.
The Medical Director reports directly to the Director, Client Operations, administratively, and to the Regional Medical Director, clinically. The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for the Medical Center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the Medical Center
- Works in tandem with the Medical Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary healthcare to patients, depending on the needs of the Client;
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment;
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients, as well as educates and advises patients on medical issues, as needed
- Provides referrals, both internally and externally, to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual Medical Center goals and objectives
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations, and provides care within the legal scope of practice
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the Medical Center environment by utilizing effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participates in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the Client/account
- Collaborates with other Medical Center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to the Medical Center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the Company
- Coordinates and researches continuing education opportunities for the development of staff, within the Medical Center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the Medical Center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- May oversee and provide evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise (Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc.) and provide consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process, being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Medical Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned, as well as other projects, as required to address specific medical needs
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice,
Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS
- 3 to 5 years' minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational Health settings, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the Medical Center is located
To support Premise Health's commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.