Rural Family Medicine Faculty Position- Eastern South Carolina
7 hospital, nonprofit private healthcare system located in South Carolina is seeking a Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician for its Cheraw location.
Our nationally recognized unopposed residency program offers community-based training in a 517-bed regional referral medical center and a 40- bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Flexible program structureprovides opportunity to enhance a diverse array of special interests, including evidence-based-medicine, quality improvement, underserved populations, hospital medicine and critical care, procedures, geriatrics, OB, women's health, pediatrics,international missions, physician leadership, and more.Seeking candidates with passion and enthusiasm for teaching full-scope family medicine.Opportunities for leadership and professional growth and development.
Faculty role includes: Teaching and supervising residents in outpatient and inpatient settings, direct patient care in outpatient clinic, didactic teaching, curriculum development, resident mentorship, scholarly activity, and protected administrative time.
Seeking one faculty member for a growing program. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30a-5:00p & call rotates amongst faculty members and community adjunct faculty call partners.
Competitive Salary and Bonus Opportunities, Sign On Bonus, Relocation, Retirement, Full Benefits, CME Days & CME Allowance!
Residency Program Highlights:
- A brand new, traditional 1-2 Rural Training Track offered at two sites; McLeod Health Clarendon and McLeod Health Cheraw (received accreditation in January 2020)
- High volume inpatient and outpatient procedures including endoscopy, 24/7 resident-run central line placement consult service, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and a dedicated month for procedures
- Oral Health Curriculum with newly built integrated oral health office in the Family Medicine Center in Florence, SC
- International medicine electives including annual trips to Honduras and recent trips to Romania, Rawanda, Haiti, New Zealand, Ecuador, and Argentina
- Cheraw is nice, family-friendly community of 6,000 just 45 minutes from Florence, SC
Contact: Neal Fenster