In this position you will:
- Interact with the center/hospital medical staff and specialists to ensure appropriate and timely patient care, patient transfers, and patient referrals.
- Manage patients through the continuum of hospital care.
- Order treatments, tests, and consult with specialty physicians and primary care physician where appropriate.
- Direct, coordinate, or supervise the patient care activities of nursing and support staff.
- Write patient discharge summaries to summarize hospital stay.
- Qualifications: Required qualifications for this position include:
- Medical Degree (MD) in Medicine.
- Completion of ACGME-accredited residency in internal or family medicine.
- Current Oregon medical license.
Where You'll Work
Providence Medford Medical Center offers comprehensive acute and ancillary services to southern Oregon and northern California on a beautiful, 168-bed campus. Designated a Level III trauma center with its own cancer center, robotic-assisted surgery, stroke center and accredited regional rehabilitation services, Providence Medford provides quality, comprehensive care throughout the region.
Where You'll Live
In the magnificent Rogue Valley just 30 miles from the California border, Medford is the largest city in the southern Oregon region and serves as the medical hub for a population of more than 510,000. At an elevation of 2,000 feet, Medford has a mild climate and four distinct seasons. The Medford area offers a mix of physical beauty, cultural diversity and recreational opportunities, from Ashland's Oregon Shakespeare Festival to white-water rafting, biking, fishing, skiing and wilderness hiking.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 16007