We are looking for an experienced General Surgeon to perform on site, on-call, and onsite emergency General Surgery Physician Services to eligible beneficiaries of the Oklahoma City Veterans Affairs Health Care System (OKC VAHCS). On call coverage and call backs are also a requirement. We provide a competitive hourly rate, travel, lodging, and Malpractice Insurance. Brief practice description and details below:
Projected Start Date: After credentialing and background check (60-90 days after acceptance).
Location: OKC VAHCS 921 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Contract: 1099/Locum Tenens; one year contract with possible extensions.
Schedule/Hours: Monday-Wednesday (8a-4p) clinic; Thursday-Friday (7:30a-3:30p) Surgery
Call Schedule: Weekend Call (Saturday-Sunday)
Availability: PRN a minimum of 2 weeks per month (prefer 2 weeks on/2 weeks off).
Qualifications: Board Certification, ACLS, BLS, 3 References, Immunizations Report, NPDB, DEA and Any State License in Good Standing (other documents will be needed for credentialing).
Statement of work:
Physician(s) shall provide comprehensive clinical General Surgery Physician services;
- On Call
- Average quantity is 1-2 calls each night
- Calls tend to increase around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Independence Day Holidays.
- Emergency Call Back - On site work occurs an average of 1-2 times each month
- Surgery - Average of 20-30 patients each month (pre-COVID)
- Clinic - Average of 40-50 patients each month (pre-COVID)
If youre interested, please contact me for additional details. Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon.