A clinic in Tennessee is seeking a Gastroenterology Physician to provide quality patient care for a Government Locums assignment.
- Dates: as soon as credentialing is complete - ongoing (contract is in place for 4 more years)
- credentialin approx 6-8 weeks after acceptance
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Setting: Mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Call: will share in call rotation (very little call), called back maybe 2-3 times per year
- Volume: May supervise clinic with as much as 2 fellows and 2 NP's seeing patients directly
- Patient Ages: Adults
- Procedures: Colonoscopy Colonoscopy via colostomy Colonoscopy w/biopsy(ies) Colonoscopy w/ablation of tumor/polyp/lesion Colonoscopy w/removal of tumor/polyp/lesion by hot forceps Colonoscopy w/removal of tumor/polyp/lesion by snare technique Colonoscopy w/out biopsy
- Cases: The locums Physician spends a significant amount of time reviewing incoiming E consults on the computer to direct those paitents to the proper location which means to our outpatient clinic, to our endoscopy proceures directly or to the community gastroenterologists
- Support Staff: yes
- EMR/Charting: EMR - CPRS
- Boards: Board Certified; Board Eligible
- Certifications: ACLS; BLS; DEA
- Additional Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required; medical work experience in the United States in the specialty you are applying for, in the past 12 months, completion of U.S. residency training; any active unrestricted state license
- Additional qualifications for government jobs: Board Certified or Board Eligible in Gastroenterology Contract physician(s) who have current, full and unrestricted licenses in one or more states, but who have, or ever had, a license restricted, suspended, revoked, voluntarily revoked, voluntarily surrendered pending action or denied upon application will not be considered for the purposes of this contract
- Any state license accepted;
- Easy call schedule;
- Long term assignment
- Federal facilities such as Veteran Affairs, Indian Health Services and Tribal Facilities, have a diverse population that allow providers to connect with patients and other providers from different cultures and backgrounds while giving back to their community and country.
Your malpractice insurance is covered, and pending the contract, you will either receive a per diem for your travel and lodging or we will cover flight, rental car and lodging. Pay is on a weekly basis.
Job ID: JN -082020-22857