Full Time Pediatrics Job Miami, FL
Miami Based Community Health center is looking to hire a Pediatrician
The pediatrician will provide preventive and medical care for infants, toddlers, children and teenagers.
They are responsible for diagnosing and caring for illnesses and infectious diseases that are specific to younger people.
DETAILS OF EDUCATION AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Board certification in Pediatrics.
Active and clear Florida License and no prior licensing infractions in other states.
Current DEA certification.
A minimum of 2 years experience in a Medicare, Medicaid and other State & Federal healthcare programs.
Must have excellent organizational and people skills, including community/provider relationship skills.
Must be computer proficient and experienced with EHR.
Must be able to maintain productivity and quality standards as established by the client
Per client, "We have a very competitive benefit package which includes a company match 401K plan, paid vacation days, paid holidays, 100% company paid life, disability, dental and up to 75% company paid medical plans. Additionally, we offer group long term care as well as a host of products through third parties such as AFLAC."
Ability to communicate in Spanish and/or Creole preferred but not required
The following are performance expectations for PHYSICIAN caring for client patients in accordance with the standards of care established by, but not limited to the credentialing bodies for the field of PEDIATRICS, client's funding sources and the Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA). PHYSICIAN shall provide the following professional services as reasonably necessary in connection to this Agreement:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children, examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians
- Provider agrees to provide care to client's pediatric customers for primary medical services deemed clinically appropriate, agrees to provide client with a written diagnosis (as applicable) and specific recommendations for follow-up care.
- Maintain PHYSICIAN privileges and credentialing
- Provides support for other physicians in an on-call rotation schedule (outpatient only) ,
- Provide emergency assessment and stabilization of patients.
- Completes health information medical records according to client guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participate in the peer review process and quality assurance process as required; A minimum of ten (10) peer reviews conducted by a board-certified MD/DO/ARNP colleague submitted on an annual basis.
- Provide patient care by ordering appropriate diagnostic tests and following up on results.
- Timely signing of reports for filing and completion of administrative forms.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Chief Medical Officer, Pediatric Team Lead and other Team Leads, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Patient Services Representatives, client's Administrators and other administrative care team members as appropriate.
- Ability to use or perform the following equipment and/ or diagnostic tests: computers, spirometers, EKG, nebulizers, any other diagnostic test or equipment for which the PHYSICIAN is appropriately trained and qualified to perform.
- Any other intervention needed for the provision of appropriate medical care to the patients as specified herein.
- Submits necessary paperwork required for billing within timely manner as determined by the department.
The physician will work with the team for data collection, review of reports, and meeting HEDIS and other clinical performance measures to deliver high quality care and for maintaining Joint Commission, Patient Centered Medical Home designation, and Meaningful Use
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.