We are one team of 8 Intensivists and 4 APP?s that covers three ICUs at two Hospitals. This is an excellent opportunity to care for advancedcardiac patients, as well as complex neuroscience patients, with a cohesive team of superb Board-certified Intensivists. This is a level I trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, and home to an outstanding Neurological Institute.
This location is a premier medical campus with accredited stroke and chest pain programs, neurological institute, joint replacement center,and minimally invasive robotic surgical suites.
- Level I trauma center & comprehensive stroke center (non-profit)
- 44 bed ICU - 32-med/surg ICU & 12 bed Neurocritical Care Unit
- Average Daily Census: 20-25 patients between 2 Intensivists (7a-7p)
- NCCU: All Intensivists rotate through NCCU - We are very involved in the comprehensive stroke program and have a lot of collaboration with comprehensive neurosurgery and neurovascular surgery. We have one of the world's leading vascular neurosurgeons.
- 10-12 patients per Intensivist per day, between medical and neuro, depending on time of year.
- Average 3-5 admissions per night shift
- Schedule - Two physicians during the day (7a-7p); one Intensivist on 12-hour at night (7p-7a).
- They started VV ECMO service in April 2020. Those interested in ECMO can be part of developing the program as it is presently in infancy stages.
- EMR - Cerner with dragon for dictation
- Intensivist-led Multidisciplinary rounds in the MICU are at 9:30 and MDR?s in the SICU is at 10:30am every day
This is not a pulmonary position, however, we care for a good amount of pulmonary pathologies on ICU level. We don?t have an office, but we manage all the pulmonary patients.
Contact: Neal Fenster