Full Time Medical Director Job Torrance, CA
Seeking a Medical Director (MD) who will be responsible for the oversight of the Cancer Institute for the Southern California Region (Los Angeles, Orange County and High Desert regions.) As physician leader, the MD provides oversight and coordination for all physician engagement strategies including building, strengthening, and sustaining relationships with physicians and relevant clinicians.
- 20 hours per week (.5 FTE)
- Five or more years of progressive management experience in healthcare, preferably with in-depth knowledge specific to clinical program areas across the continuum
- Experience in an innovative, multi-site regionally integrated health system required
- Physician and medical group alignment and integration experience required
- Significant experience leading teams, group facilitation, project management, and building management systems is required
- Experience in implementing and designing evidence-based team-based care is required
Where Youll Work
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance has a 50-year legacy of excellence in this coastal south Los Angeles suburb and is one of six hospitals Providence operates in Southern California. Winner of Truven Health Analytics 100 Top Hospitals award three years in a row, Little Company of Mary offers cutting-edge technology and therapies in cardiac, surgical and neonatal care, all in a state-of-the-art facility just 2 miles from the beach.
Where Youll Live
Torrance, population 145,000, is the eighth-largest city in Los Angeles County. About 25 miles southwest of downtown LA, Torrance is a blend of thriving high-tech industry and park-lined suburban neighborhoods. It is home to some of the best coastal golf courses and beaches in southern California. Torrance has the second-largest Japanese population in California, bringing abundant Asian restaurants and supermarkets to the area.
Who Youll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 13238
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.