Part Time Primary Care Job San Antonio, TX
Concentra is looking for a Physician to provide oversight and occasionally treat patients at our onsite center. The commitment is 12 hours per week.
Subject to the medical protocols established by Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program. Directly reports to Center Medical Director.
- Clinic environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues
There are physician oversight responsibilities also including:
- Medical oversight for the nurse(s) and other staff members
- Annual review and physician authorization of the Nursing Standing Orders
- An initial in-depth site orientation coordinated by site nurse to learn about the plant operations, employee job activities, risks and hazards at the site
- An annual plant walk-through, as needed
- Availability during onsite clinic hours to provide phone consultation to the nurses targeted to specific issues as needed
- Chart audits as per Concentra policy.
- Participation in and support of Environmental Health and Safety programs as requested
- Clinical guidelines developed for use in the workplace to onsite staff and ensure those guidelines are followed
- Prescriptions annually for agreed upon clinic supplies, vaccines and medications
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.