Permanent Gastroenterology/Endoscopy Job Baltimore, MD
HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: Gastroenterologist needed to join a busy hospital-based GI Department at a highly regarded large teaching hospital. ERCP and EUS skills are required! Teaching and Research opportunities are available! They currently have four Gastroenterologists, three Nurse Practitioners, and two Physician Assistants. $ Very competitive financial compensation package!!
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland
- This hospital-based Gastroenterology Department is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Please see below regarding additional information regarding the city of Baltimore.
- Board Eligibility or Board Certified in Gastroenterology with successful completion of a formal GI fellowship program
- The new gastroenterologist must be able to perform EGD / Colonoscopy and interventional EUS and ERCP.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A Gastroenterologist with interventional skills is needed to join a busy hospital-based Gastroenterology Department at a highly regarded large teaching hospital.
- Their GI practice currently includes four Gastroenterologists, three Nurse Practitioners and two Physician Assistants.
- They also have an excellent support staff consisting of on-site nursing and APP support.
- Their hospital-employed group provides both inpatient services at their large teaching hospital, and outpatient services for the surrounding community in northern Baltimore.
- Call coverage: It is rotation based and will be at only one hospital.
- They have on-site lab services available.
- They use Cerner EMR system.
- There is opportunity to participate and mentor medical students and residents in clinical and QI research projects in this hospital’s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Availability: Gastroenterology fellows completing their fellowship training during the summer of 2021, and gastroenterologists who have prior work experience and are already practicing are all welcome to apply and will all be seriously considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat or recommend courses of treatment for patients with emphasis on disorders of the gastroenterological, hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic systems in the outpatient practice as well as provide inpatient consults on a rotating basis
- Opportunity to enjoy the rewarding experience of working with and supervising residents and medical students
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results
- Carry out follow-up appointments, monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans and medications, update patient records, and make referrals as needed
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology.
- Clinically supervise inpatient PAs when on call
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Timely completion of patient encounter documentation and billing
- Their physicians are all employed by this very well-regarded teaching hospital. This hospital is owned by a regional health-care system.
- They are offering a competitive starting base salary. It will be commensurate with the Gastroenterologist’s experience.
- There is also a teaching stipend.
- Leadership advancement opportunities available (if applicable).
- There is also a RVU-based productivity incentive/bonus.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits package: It includes but is not limited to: a CME stipend, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), free parking, 403(b) retirement plan, 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, 4 weeks of annual PTO, medical liability insurance with tail coverage, life and disability insurance, and more!
- The earning potential is very good!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- The population of the Baltimore metropolitan area is about 2.8 million people.
- Baltimore is Maryland’s largest city, and the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- It is also an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., which is located only one hour away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and practice general and interventional gastroenterology.
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.