EliteMed Staffing Group is actively seeking a Primary Care Physician who will provide comprehensive health care to residents at the Nursing Home. Excellent Salary + Full Benefits!
Internal Med Physician Duties:
- Performs initial assessment, including comprehensive history and physical, of assigned participants at intake and at least quarterly in cooperation with family member and/or caregiver and Interdisciplinary Team members.
- Provides evaluation, treatment and ongoing monitoring of episodic illness.
- Refers participants to medical specialist as indicated with Interdisciplinary Team input.
- Provides daily oversight of hospitalized participants including: providing primary care (attending) responsibilities for management; providing updates to the team; coordinating discharge planning with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provides primary care to participants in a manner consistent with professional standards and regulations, including: providing regular visits; making telephone contacts with nursing home staff as required; and conducting hospital admissions as necessary.
- Collaborates with and supervises Nurse Practitioner/PA activities including: reviewing quarterly participant assessments and co-signing Plans of Care; providing consultation, reviewing evaluations and co-signing intervention plans for episodic illness; and performing formal assessment and physical exams.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine. Board certified in Internal Medicine
- At least two years experience in caring for seniors, with a minimum of one year of experience working with the frail elderly in a long-term care setting.
- Medical knowledge and skills necessary to treat participants and manage complex medical problems. Ability to provide care for the frail elderly. Ability to provide leadership and interact effectively with an Interdisciplinary Team. Good organization and supervisory skills.