Full Time Internal Medicine Job ME
Internal Medicine Physician Opportunity - Northern Maine - J1 and H1 Visa Candidates Accepted
Internal Medicine Opportunity
Our northern Maine locations include 5 primary care and specialty offices. In the Fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. We received a multi-year New Access Points grant from the Federal government in the fall of 2007. Our inaugural fully integrated electronic medical record system became operational in 2011.
For almost 40 years we have provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people. We have a dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors, and a strong, supportive relationship with local hospital.
As an employee the successful Internal Medicine candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, relocation assistance, licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable). Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education. All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or permanent resident (green) card.
- 7 Internists (including 5 Hospitalists) and 8 Family Practice physicians
- Hospitalists provide 24/7 inpatient coverage, including weekends
- 8 full-time mid-level primary care providers
- A telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Specialists available in offices include urology, orthopedics and sports medicine, general surgery, ophthalmology, and hematology/oncology. Pathologists work at hospital clinical laboratory.
- Access to Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy
Expectations – grow the practice resulting from retirees and families moving into the area, and to support the growth of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of U.S. Border Patrol officers.
- Status: Full-time: 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week (option #1); 10-hour shifts, 4 days per week (option #2); Weekend hours are provided at our Health Center, and may become part of the Health Center schedule in response to the health care access needs of our communities. Evening hours are provided at both health centers.
- Patients: Patient profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
- On-Call Rotation – Traditional position: approximately one weeknight every 4 weeks assisting hospitalists, infrequent back-up required on weekends
Qualifications of applicants:
* Board Certified or board eligible while tracking to become Board Certified
* Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
* American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency (3-year minimum) and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates will be sponsored.
* In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
Call Scott at 561-413-9455
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.