Full Time Orthopedics Job , NC
Orthopedic Surgery Physician -North of Winston-Salem, NC
• Staffing: there are currently two physicians, two physician assistants, and one nurse practitioner.
• Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
• Providers see an average of 30 patients per day, per provider in the office.
• On-Call: the current call schedule is every other day on call and every other weekend with current staffing (subject to adjustment with additional physicians).
• Typical in-office procedures performed: Fracture reductions, casting, and joint injections .
• On-site X-Rays with Radiology Technicians on staff.
• Rehabilitation and Wound Care are located in adjoining suites in the same building so follow-up therapy can quickly and easily be arranged post treatment
• Typical Operating Room procedures: Total hips, total knees, shoulder replacement, fractures, arthroscopy, and trauma.
• Operating Room procedures are 5 days a week at Northern Regional Hospital. Start time is 7:30 am in the O.R., Monday-Friday, based on need by provider.
• The Surgery Center in Hospital was built in 2009 with four Operating Rooms and one Cystoscopy room. All OR’s are set up the same so there is no adjusting from one room to another. The surgeons are scheduled in blocks of time.
• There is Sub-Sterile area for each operating room.
• Surgical Services is comprised of four departments: Day Surgery, Operating Room, Holding/PACU, and Central Sterile Supply (CSS).
• There are fifty-seven employees consisting of RN’s, LPN’s, Surgical Techs, CSS Techs, Nursing Assistants, Patient Care Techs, plus department secretarial staff.
• Call teams are scheduled for after-hours, weekends, holidays, and urgent/emergent surgeries or labor epidurals.
• The Anesthesia Department staff is a contracted service with four or more CRNA’s and one Anesthesiologist on location daily. This service also supplies staff for call coverage and at all other times needed when surgical staff are on-site for procedures (holidays, emergencies, etc.).
• Our Operating rooms use high quality equipment and services, such as Depuy-Synthes trauma instrumentation and implants for total hips, total knees, fractures, and trauma.
• Currently the Day Surgery Center performs around 1320 procedures per year while the Operating Room performs around 3600 procedures annually.
We do offer the following to our candidates:
- Hospital employed
- Guaranteed base + wRVU comp for entire contract term (usually 3 or 4 years)
- Relocation assistance (up to $20,000 reimbursement)
- Sign-on / Loan Assistance/ Educational Assistance bonus (one of the 3 – avg = $50,000)
- Residency stipend (up to $25,000)
- Temporary Housing (fully furnished , 2 bedroom condo- 3 months deducted from relocation, option to lease 3 more months at reasonable rate)
- 25 PTO days annually (no carryover)
- 5 CME, up to $6000 CME dollars annually
- Full benefits and retirement packages available for purchase (as all other employees)
- Orthopedics and Pediatrics have separate call pay
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.