Full Time Radiologic Technologist Job Wilmington, MA
10 days ago
Up to $3000 Bonus
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
Assists and supports the Center Operation Director with ensuring that the optimal level of care and customer service is delivered to all customers. The Assistant Center Operations Director will assist with leading and managing center support staff and overseeing the daily operations of the medical facility. The Assistant Center Operations Director will assist with coordinating center activities, general facility management, overseeing patient flow throughout the center and supporting the medical providers in the delivery of patient care. Daily interaction with colleagues and patients is required through hands-on center activity including patient registration, checkout and patient care. This position will also perform routine X-ray examinations in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Assists in planning and preparing work schedules and assigns colleagues to specific duties
- Assists in ensuring the financial performance of the center
- Assists in developing and maintaining new policies, procedures and training programs for the assigned center
- Assists with hiring, training, and evaluating Center operations colleagues in consultation with Human Resources
- Assists Center Operation Director with the hiring, training, disciplining and terminating of back-office personnel
- Assists in the preparation and review of operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Assists Center Operation Director in conjunction with Human Resources in the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures for Center personnel
- Assists in preparing annual budgets
- Assists with on-site tours and training of Center personnel to present clinic services to clients to ensure achievement of established goals
- Provides technical support and/or resources to client and Center personnel
- Assists with managing on-site nursing services provided by Center to client companies, including billing counseling, and supervision of on-site personnel
- Administers testing by medical staff to ensure proper performance, and ensures all certifications are current and regulatory procedures are adhered
- Assists in monitoring marketplace trends and gathers competitive information
- Assists in coordinating and consolidating services with local vendors to obtain best prices for goods and services obtained
- Facilitates productivity and customer service
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere for our colleagues and customers
- Provide a professional facility to welcome our patients and guests to include managing the appearance and overall condition and aesthetics of the center
- Maintain excellent client and patient relations by ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met
- Ensure that patients are treated as individuals and are attended to expeditiously and courteously by colleagues
- Lead by example – Acquire a firsthand knowledge of daily center operations and participate in center floor work on a routine basis
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skill by ensuring that patients are treated with competence and provided with exceptional professional healthcare
- Guide the center team in continuous improvement projects as necessary based on review of center performance metrics
- Financial management and oversight (in the absence of the Center Operation Director)
Radiologic Technologist Duties
- Prepare patients for X-Ray exam, position patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed
- Administer imaging exams as ordered by the treating clinician which may include X-Rays, sonograms, CT scans, etc.
- Adjust switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Maintain quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual
- Maintain radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying
- Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals
- Administer drugs or chemical mixtures orally or as enemas to render organs opaque
- Assist in treating diseased or affected areas of body under supervision of Physician, by exposing area to specified concentrations of X-Rays for prescribed periods of time
- Prepare reports and maintains records of services rendered and X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Assist providers during examination and treatment
- Maintain and operate all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures
- Complete quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center
- Notify supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected
- Manage patient flow and volume ensuring patients are informed of expected wait times
- Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care such as greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times and proper record keeping and documentation
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Some college courses from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific) is preferred with prior medical office, healthcare and/or customer service-related experience
• In lieu of higher education, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
Certifications and/or Licenses:
• Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology and applicable certification by the state in which employed.
• Registered with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and has active and valid certification.
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• Customarily has at least one year of work leadership or operations management experience
• Customarily has at least six months of demonstrated experience in X-Ray and familiarity with routine medical procedures
• Prior healthcare experience and/or customer service-related experience preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
• Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
• Warm, positive, energetic, and professional demeanor
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Tactful and diplomatic communication style
• Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
• Performance assessment skills
• Continued focus on self-development
• Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
• Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
• Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs/ladders, talk and hear and utilize fingers for typing, flex or extend wrist to perform other job-related tasks. The employee is continuously required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate PC, medical/office equipment and/or other equipment or tools; and reach, grasp or squeeze with hands and arms. Due to the nature of this position, will involve continuous reaching and overhead reaching. Continuously pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, or squatting is required in the performance of the job. The ability to hear and understand with clarity and detect sound, and have conversations (via telephone or in-person) with staff, patients, customers, management, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.