A health services network New York is currently seeking a new, licensed Psychologist for a promising school-based opportunity with their staff in Ulster County. In this role, the Psychologist will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of children in the junior high school DT program (7th & 8th grades).Responsibilities:
The Psychologist will:
- Participate in DT admissions, with child, family, MD, and school liaison
- Provide weekly Individual, Group and Family Therapy sessions, and crisis intervention as needed
- Participate in weekly Treatment Team meetings
- Advocate for youth and families to obtain community-based linkages with additional supportive services that meet their needs
- Maintain timely medical record documentation
- Facilitate thorough discharge planning and complete discharge follow-up
- Collaborate with the Central School District and School Liaisons throughout Ulster County to facilitate the referral and screening process
- Conduct psychological evaluations, as needed; select, administer, score, & interpret psychological tests; and, diagnose a variety of psychological disorders.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and revises treatment plans, interventions, and programs in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Develops behavior plans for youth that are individualized with input from all members of the youth’s treatment team.
- Perform other duties, as needed
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- NYS licensed Psychologist
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills
- Patient oriented
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Experience working with the Pediatric population
- Previous experience working in a School setting