Carle Physician Group in Urbana, Illinois is seeking an additional BE/BC fellowship-trained Surgical Oncologist. With over 450+ physicians and 300 mid-level providers comprising over 80 specialties/subspecialties and a service area of 1.5 million residents, Carle Physician Group is locally owned and physician led. Our physician group is part of a not-for-profit integrated network of healthcare services that also includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 413-bed Level I Trauma Center. With the new College of Medicine (Carle Illinois College of Medicine) coming soon, more opportunities for collaborative research and teaching will be available for interested candidates.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Comprehensive Surgical Oncology practice: pancreatic cancer surgery (Whipple procedures, distal pancreatectomies), liver surgery for liver metastases and primary liver cancer, biliary tract surgeries, gastric cancer surgeries, esophagectomies, wide local excisions and sentinel lymph node biopsies for melanoma, extremity soft tissue sarcomas.
- Strong Advanced Endoscopy Program for GI and pancreatico-biliary tracts
- Strong Interventional Radiology Program and an opportunity for multidisciplinary collaboration and management of liver cancers.
- Strong and well established Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology Programs with multidisciplinary cancer care.
- Weekly disease site Tumor Boards, including GI Tumor Board.
- Active in clinical trials, the Carle Cancer Center is nationally recognized in Oncology.
- Admit to only one hospital - Carle Foundation Hospital, a centralized and integrated medical campus adjacent from outpatient clinic.
- Surgical oncologist will have a register nurse (RN) that covers his/her service only.
- State-of-the-art facilities at our Carle Cancer Center and Mills Breast Cancer Institute - www.carle.org/mills
- This institute brings together a joint partnership with Carle physician researchers and University of Illinois scientists who conduct translational research and clinical studies at our 25,000 square foot Biomedical Research Center.
- Must have experience and a continued interest working with surgical residents/medical students and qualify for faculty appointment with the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
- Candidates with postgraduate experience after fellowship training preferred.
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is a micro-urban city centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world’s great public research universities – the Big Ten University of Illinois! Big Ten athletics, a lively music scene, museums, festivals, and a number of theaters make sure you’ll have plenty to do in the area. If you want the cultural offerings of a world class university city without the traffic, urban sprawl and high cost of living, Champaign-Urbana is the place for you!
Please feel free to email for more information at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Unfortunately this opportunity does not qualify for visa waivers.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.