Valor Healthcare provides personnel for the Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) of the Veterans Administration. Established in 2004, we are Veteran-led and clinician-managed and looking for a compassionate provider who can deliver expert mental health care for those who served in our armed forces. You will be their point of contact for their mental wellbeing; their partner in getting better.
As a Psychiatrist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans. In return, we offer you a lifestyle-focused practice with no call, inpatient, or weekend duties. Here’s a snapshot of what your day would look like.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only
- Examine the patient/client and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – The VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- One hour initial consult – 30 minute follow up appointments.
- Prescribes medication by your diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Counsel and educate each patient on the use of prescription drugs related to their treatment plan.
- Develop and implement patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Supervise and mentor Psychologists and Social Workers working in a team collaborative practice.
- Take the lead by participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- This is a 2 day position working 16-20 hours a week.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Minimum, 1-year of clinical medical practice
- Valid, unrestricted license in the State where clinic is located.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required)
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.