Community Medical & Dental Care, Inc. is expanding the Department of Ophthalmology and is seeking to hire an Ophthalmologist on a part-time basis. Days and hours are flexible. Candidates must be BC/BE, have an active NY license, have at least 2+ years of experience and be well-versed in electronic medical records.
- Responsible to take, evaluate, and record medical histories
- Responsible to perform physical examinations required to evaluate complex eye problems
- Responsible to perform standard medical examinations on eyes
- Responsible to prescribe medication(s) as determined by the CMADC formulary and monitor side-effects of medication and adverse reactions
- Responsible to analyze and interpret data, formulate diagnoses and problem lists, and establish plans for the management of health problems on eyes
- Responsible to treat problems within your scope of competence and exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation on eyes
- Responsible to initiate consultation requests to sub-specialists (cornea, retina, strabismus, pediatric, neurophtalmology, and plastic surgery)
- Responsible to counsel patients on medical problems, use of medication, expected effects of treatment, and other health maintenance matters
- Responsible to provide consultations on complex medical issues related to ophthalmology and to other health care providers on eyes
- Responsible to refer patients, as needed to specialty and sub specialty providers both in house and outside the center as needed, i.e. behavioral health, dental, nutrition counseling.
- Responsible to perform all duties and responsibilities as delineated in your deeming and scope of services as approved by the Medical Director.
We offer a very competitive hourly rate!
Community Medical and Dental Care, Inc., has been providing quality medical care to the underserved population of Rockland County, NY and its surrounding areas since 1993. With close to 60 providers on staff and a patient base of 18,000, we offer a variety of services, including Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, Allergy, Dermatology, Endocrinology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Urology, Podiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Health counseling, Nutrition Counseling, Speech Therapy, Dentistry and Oral Surgery.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org