Are you looking for an adventure overseas? Have you ever considered working in Asia? We have a rare and exciting opportunity available for an Obstetrics and Gynaecology consultant to join an established private healthcare in a mainly outpatient setting (with some inpatient work) clinic in Hanoi, Vietnam. Expats are attracted to Vietnam by the good weather, low cost of living, lively culture and the steady improvements in Vietnam’s infrastructure - and this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment with a trusted, respected and established private healthcare group in the Asian market
- Generous TAX FREE salary package (7000 – 8500 USD per month is realistic)
- Opportunity to get involved in humanitarian projects to more remote communities in Vietnam
- Low cost of living so ability to save 50% -70% of take home pay
- Relocation assistance including accommodation for one week on arrival
- Relatively quick medical registration process of CIRCA 3-4 months
- One year contracts available – option to stay longer
What is the location like?
Hanoi is the capital and second largest city in Vietnam and with its colonial architecture and vibrant street life, numerous lakes and night life it is consistently ranked among the world's top 10 destinations by big name travel sites. It's described as one of the most beautiful cities in all of the world, along with being one of the oldest in Asia.
Those moving to Hanoi find a city that maintains a balance between significant development (large shopping malls, new roads) and preserving a relatively cheap cost of living. Eating Hanoi food is listed among some of the best food experiences in the world. The city is packed with museums, monuments, cafes, restaurants, discos and handicraft stores so there is a bustling lifestyle available for those keen to immerse themselves in the Vietnamese way of life.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL and due to cultural sensitivities, our client have advised us that they would prefer to hire a female doctor.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.