Seeking Medical Director for the Department of Family Medicine Administrative and Core Faculty duties with Department/Residency not far from Boston, Massachusetts.
Seeking a Medical Director for the Department of Family Medicine for Administrative and Core Faculty duties with Department/Residency not far from Boston, Massachusetts. If interested please forward your C.V. and phone number to discuss. All inquiries confidential.
Time Breakdown: Full-Time Position
40 % Direct Patient Care (individual continuity practice and Group Medical Visits)
60 % Core Residency Teaching faculty (3 sessions precepting – including FCC and PCMH team)
Inpatient Call responsibilities, equivalent to other full time faculty.
Medical Director Administrative Duties:
Responsible for operations, productivity, access, quality, and teaching in the FCC
- Lead, manage, and administrate the Family Care Center
- Supervise 3 Clinical Team Leaders and provide back-up for team administration issues
- Supervise Preceptors in the FCC (faculty development can be done with residency directors)
- Work closely with Practice and Nurse Managers on policies & procedures for FCC including financials, patient complaints, etc.
- Develop new policies with FCC operations committee
- Interface with hospital and system administration
- Oversee Quality initiatives including patient centered medical home (PCMH) and chronic care initiatives in the FCC (done with help of Nurse Care Manager, Team Leaders, Team Nurses, FCC team, etc) – PDSA cycles, chronic disease management systems, access/scheduling, electronic medical record, patient safety, patient advisory committee, etc.
- Interface at CNE, state and national levels re: PCMH & chronic disease management – with leadership roles as appropriate
- Patient care tracking and feedback to faculty and residents – e.g. billings, productivity numbers, chronic disease management targets, chart audits (to be done with help of PCMH resident team and Team Leaders)
- Oversee the PCMH Rotation
- Work with Geriatrics Team re quality of care and education in FCC’s nursing home and homebound patient panel (primary responsibility for direct patient care is with geriatrics team).
- Work with Residency team in meeting ACGME requirements for residents’ continuity practice
- Co-lead efforts at integrated primary care behavioral health in the FCC
- Serve on Family Medicine Department Steering Committee and other relevant committees
General Core Faculty Duties:
Lectures – noon conf, ½ day conferences, etc – intermittent & linked to some rotations
Meetings with resident advisees
Precepting in FCC
Inpatient Service/ MCH Service shared with the rest of the faculty
Scholarly work/ presentations at regional and national conferences/ publications
Mentoring residents and medical students as needed
Orient clerkship students to FCC (shared duty with Team Leaders)
Mentor clerkship students where appropriate
Other Optional Roles: Depend on one’s own clinical/educational/scholarly interests:
- Balint Group once a week
- suboxone clinic 2x per month
- ortho clinic back-up
New medical director will have own areas of clinical and scholarly interests