We have a rare and exciting opportunity available for a General Physician to join an established private hospital group with mainly outpatient and some inpatient work in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam for 12 months.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment with a trusted, respected and established private hospital group in the Asian market
- Generous TAX FREE salary package (7000 – 8500 USD per month is realistic)
- Opportunity to get involved in humanitarian work
- Low cost of living so ability to save 50% -70% of take home pay
- Relocation assistance including accommodation for one week on arrival
- Relatively quick medical registration process of CIRCA 3-4 months
- One year contracts available – option to stay longer
What’s the role and what are we looking for?
- Examines adult patients to ensure proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Requests necessary tests, and follow-up visits, and refers patients to specialists, as necessary.
- Applicants will ideally have experience in tropical disease diagnosis and treatment
- Ideally you will have experience in metabolic diseases.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- One with some good management experience who may be able to perform duties of Medical Director
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Ho Chi Minh City (previously Saigon) is the largest city in Vietnam by population. Ho Chi Minh City’s architecture and lifestyle is the reconciliation between American and Chinese influence, yet is as much historical as it is modern and one of the things the city is best known for its colourful night-life.
While nearly all Saigonese speak the Vietnamese language, due to the prevalence of tourism and commerce in Ho Chi Minh City, there are also a good deal of people speaking English as a second language. Vietnam has good weather, low cost of living and a lively culture.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL
How Head Medical can help
We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.