Established Hospitalist program is expanding and seeking IM or FM providers with current Hospitalist experience. They are currently hiring day Hospitalists (also Nocturnists). They currently have 7 day Hospitalists with 1 mid-level per shift (7a-7p). There is 1 Hospitalist on a swing shift (1pm-1am) rotated with the team, and 1 Nocturnist w/a mid-level (7p-7a). So a total of 9 Hospitalists and 2 mid-levels per 7 day block. They want to expand the program to 23 Hospitalists to cover all the shifts.
Day Hospitalists are divided into 6 rounders and 1 designated admitter. May have a 2nd help admit if too busy. The ones that round do not admit, code, or triage. They can leave early but required to be on call the rest of the shift if needed to come back. The admitter must stay the full shift. No procedures required. If it gets too busy then they would bring in an 8th hospitalist - they have providers per diem to help out.
Hospitalists work 161 shifts per year! They get 3 weeks vacation (21 days) to make the difference from the usual 182 shifts that other programs require. Nice benefit to only work 23 weeks per year with 29 weeks off!
The day Hospitalists might be asked to work some night shifts till the program gets to 23 Hospitalists. They ask for volunteers first to cover the shifts and they are paid an additional $160 per shift to do that. Right now they expect it to be 1 or 2 weeks per year at the most if at all.
Nocturnists/nights average 6-10 admissions per shift. They are capped at 10. They respond to all codes but the ER runs them. ICU admissions but that's covered by ER or Intensivists.
If you are interested in this Hospitalist opportunity or others like it CompHealth can help. Apply Now. Contact Gary Nishizaki at direct #954.837.2697 or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
- Join a large Hospitalist team in a stable and secure employed setting.
- Highly desired 7 on 7 off day block schedule
- No procedures or ICU coverage during the day shifts
- Round and go for day Hospitalists.
- Excellent base salary $250K plus $15K quality bonus incentives and additional WRVU bonus incentives for outstanding earnings potential.
- Full group benefits package includes possible loan repayment up to $20K for 5 years.
- Work only 23 weeks per year with 29 weeks off for free time or pick up extra shifts for more income.
- Spokane is an eastern Washington city with over 400K population and hospital service area or 1 million plus. International airport with direct flights to many major cities.
- Positions open nationwide
- Specialty-specific recruiting teams
- Resources for CV writing and acing your interview
- Help with licensing and credentialing
- All at no cost to you