ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Hospice and Palliative Care
We are seeking a Physician who is Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Care to join our amazing team in the Jacksonville area.
This facility has been serving advanced illness needs in North Florida for decades and is the recipient of the Circle of Life Award from the American Hospital Association for its excellence and innovation and has been recognized as a Florida Pacesetter for its leadership in promoting advance directives.
Benefits for Hospice and Palliative Care Physician:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k and more
- Tuition reimbursement
- Full office support staff (ARNPs, RNs, etc.)
Responsibilities of Hospice and Palliative Care Physician
- Provide medical direction and supervision of patient care
- Provide instruction and medical support to Hospice staff
- Develop and implement education and consultation services to medical communities, professionals, and physicians the service areas.
- Responsible for the development and medical validation of the patient’s eligibility and plan of care in coordination with the patient’s attending physician
- Reviews appropriate clinical material of referring physicians to document basic disease process, prescribed medicines, assessment of patient’s health at the time of entry to validate prognosis and appropriateness in meeting our facilities admission and treatment criteria.
Requirements of Hospice and Palliative Care Physician
- Doctor of medicine or osteopathy required.
- Florida Medical License or in process
- Board Certified Required; will consider Board Eligible in the process of taking the exam
- Hospice and Palliative Care certification, required
- Team oriented and multidisciplinary approach
Work Hours for Hospice and Palliative Care Physician
- Monday to Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Shared call 1:8