Vidant Medical Group and The Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking a BC/BE Gynecologic Oncologist to join a multidisciplinary team of cancer specialists.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group with incentive based productivity and quality initiatives
- Comprehensive cancer services including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, gynecology oncologist, interventional radiology, established hematology oncology fellowship program, and patient navigators
- State-of-the-art equipment including two Da Vinci robots (Xi & Si), Gamma Knife, a Cyber Knife and a full spectrum of radiology services
- Established clinical trials program
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 909 bed center
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Cancer Center expansion is underway for a 6-story cancer tower, opening in March 2018, will include 96 Inpatient rooms (48 surgical), 60 infusion areas, 60 multidisciplinary clinics including women’s center, 4 Linear Accelerators, and patient resource tools
- Only ACoS accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in Eastern North Carolina
- Competitive salary and benefits package
The Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center is a regional academic cancer center affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University that offers comprehensive care and boasts the most advanced radiotherapy technology in the state of North Carolina. Through clinical trials, cancer patients have access to the latest, most promising treatments. The expert staff at Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center is a resource for patients wanting to learn how to manage their illness and take advantage of services available close to home.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 90,000+) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU) and The Brody School of Medicine, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I Conference USA- football, basketball and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
- BC in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship training in Gynecologic Oncology from the American Board of OB/GYN
- Robotic competency sufficiently documented to obtain hospital privileges
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.