Are you interested in practicing evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production?
We currently have an opening for Medical Director to provide Primary Care and medical leadership at our new, state of the art employer health center located in Maryville, TN.
This position comes with an excellent compensation package, and one of the industry's best benefit plans
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000
The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for this specific health center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client. Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Other projects as required to address specific medical needs
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned
RequirementsPlease utilize this section to describe specific requirements for this position in addition to the approved JD requirements in Compensation Description. Examples include: ACLS required, State Phlebotomy licensure required, IV certification required, Board Certification required, NACSM required etc.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters. Thank you.