American Family Care (AFC) Urgent Care of Edgewater, Maryland is seeking a Medical Director/Lead Physician.
Located in an attractive suburban setting of Edgewater, our state-of-the-art center is designed to deliver high-quality healthcare with an outstanding customer service experience. Our Physicians have the privilege of treating pediatric and adult patients presenting with a broad array of medical conditions. Our facility includes on-site laboratory, digital x-ray services, and medical dispensary.
The Medical Director will enjoy helping build a company culture designed to make our professionals successful and proud of their work. Ideal candidates should be Board Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine, possess strong organizational and administrative skills as well as outstanding clinical competence and patient “bedside” manner.
This position will require 12-20 hours per week of combined clinical and administrative time. AFC Edgewater is open 7 days per week giving the Medical Director/Lead Physician flexibility in the days and shifts worked.
• Direct the staff in support of the care of our patients
• Supervise laboratory and X-Ray technicians
• Supervise Mid-Level providers
• Ability to develop policies regarding consistent medical practice by the providers
• Ensure proper follow-up, perform chart review, and ensure all policies are followed
• Ensure that medical records are completely and correctly documented – retraining staff physicians when needed
• Compile QA data and address with staff providers as needed
• Oversee Occupational Health and Travel Medicine Programs
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Board Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine with at least 3 years ER/Urgent Care experience
• Full, unrestricted Maryland medical license & DEA
• Minimal to no malpractice history
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Visa
Contact Josh Deason for information regarding compensation, Physician responsibilities, and clinical operations.
Edgewater is a suburb located southwest of Annapolis on the south side of the South River.
Edgewater is home to the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, an active research and educational center offering evening lectures, family-oriented activities, self-guided walking trails, canoeing, and kayaking.
Edgewater is also the home of the Historic London Town and Gardens, the site of a colonial seaport. Visitors can enjoy an interactive exhibit, reconstructed buildings, and a 1760 tavern with public programs. The property has more than 10 acres of beautiful woodland and ornamental gardens with rentals available.