SAINT JOSEPH PHYSICIAN NETWORK
GENERAL FAMILY MEDICINE OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
THE PEOPLE'S CLINIC – ELKHART, IN
- Employment with Saint Joseph Physician Network, the employed provider arm of Saint Joseph Health System.
- Community based practice located in Elkhart, IN.
- Average patients seen per day is low volume at present, need to build practice; pediatrics through geriatrics. Area comprised of many factory people, good people; is a lower socioeconomic area but people very appreciative of good healthcare.
- Usual on site procedures that can be performed such as skin tag & mole removal, suturing, and joint injections. General lab services on-site.
- Call frequency likely to be 1 x 3; phone call only.
- Practice has a Nurse Practitioner at the site.
- Generally each physician has a MA. Adequate front office and other support staffing is provided.
- New office renovation/expansion underway; 6 exam rooms.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards; based on production and achievement of value driven quality metrics.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail insurance.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits.
- 22 days off per year; 7 holidays; 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
- $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
The Hospital and the Michiana Area
- Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has been in the Michiana region for over 100 years. A new 254-bed hospital was built in 2009.
- SJRMC offers all private rooms; some of the services provided include oncology, neurology, obstetrics, surgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- Our Physician Network includes 20 practice sites with over 70 primary care and specialist physicians in St. Joseph and Marshall Counties; about 45 are primary care.
- The Michiana area, north-central Indiana and south-western Michigan, has a population of more than 240,000. The SJRMC service area has a population of nearly 900,000.
- Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the area boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable private and public school systems.
- Close proximity to Chicago and Indianapolis and Lake Michigan.
For further information contact Paul Charkowski, Manager, Physician Recruitment for SJRMC,
at email@example.com, or phone at 574-335-8750.