The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University seeks a Family Physician to serve as the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Clinical Services Division Director and Department Outpatient Medical Director. This full time position may be fixed-term or tenure-track; Clinical Associate Professor or Associate Professor rank. The position reports directly to the Chair. The position works closely with the ECU Physicians (ECUP) Medical Director and works collaboratively with the ECUP Associate Medical Director and Chief Operating Executive.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the clinical operations of the department to include the ambulatory clinic sites, the hospital inpatient service, maternity service, and nursing home care.
- Leads planning and goal setting for ambulatory clinical practice transformation work for the department, in collaboration with the ECUP leadership team.
- Supervises the ambulatory practice of clinical providers, leading them in the consistent provision of high quality, customer focused, efficient patient care.
- In alliance with the ECUP leadership team, coordinates the clinical operations of the department’s medical staff. Serves as a member of the ECUP Clinic Directors Committee.
- As part of ECUP’s leadership team, promotes quality, continuous improvement and patient safety
- Works with ECUP and department administrator to manage the clinical services to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Provide care to patients in the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Precepts Family Medicine residents and students in both the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited institution. Board Certified in Family Medicine or Osteopathic Family Medicine. Ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina; be granted medical staff privileges at Vidant Medical Center; be approved to practice medicine through ECU Physicians, and receive medical liability insurance coverage through the BSOM carrier. Minimum five (5) years clinical practice management experience. Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience with electronic medical records.
Experience in an academic setting. Expertise in the implementation of the Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH). Experience with the EPIC EMR.
The Family Medicine Department is housed in a beautiful 112,000 sq. Foot facility which is home to 40 faculty members in 6 divisions. The facility also hosts 36 Family Medicine residents and three fellows, and often a large contingent of medical students. East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine is known nationally for its commitment to family medicine, and ranks in among the top medical schools in the country for placing medical students into Family Medicine Residencies. The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, an 800 bed facility with a level I trauma center which serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.